When overweight patients have overweight doctors

2:24 PM Posted by exclusiveMD

The scenario goes like this:
1. Overweight patient seeks advice for weight loss from physician. 2. Physician also struggles with their own weight. 3. How does the patient take the advice?

This topic is one I have seen many doctors tackle in their own way. To my surprise, I have noticed that it all boils down to how the information is delivered. From what I have seen, doctors that can relate to their patients have better success with compliance regardless if they are in the weight loss process or have loss weight in the past. I think the important message is the physician-patient relationship works best as a team. In the end, it is all about support, accountability, and encouragement. (via KevinMD.com)
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: