Fact or Myth about Swine Flu

6:59 AM Posted by exclusiveMD

We all need to be aware and prepared for this year's flu season. With the emergence of the swine flu, the numbers infected this upcoming season is speculated to be much worse. This article answers some basic questions about swine flu that through time and media maybe got lost in translation. Here are the questions:
1. I’m healthy so I don’t need to worry about swine flu.

2. The swine flu vaccine will give me the flu.

3. Vaccines are dangerous. I’ll just bring my child to a swine flu party where she’ll get the virus and build a natural immunity to it.

4. Wearing a mask will protect me from swine flu.

5. Using hand sanitizer isn’t as effective as washing your hands.

6. If H1N1 is a variant of swine flu, I should stop eating pork.

7. I’m canceling my child’s trip to a petting zoo because it has piglets and I’m afraid he’ll catch swine flu.

8. I should stop shaking hands with people.

9. If I get the regular flu shot each year, I don’t need to get the swine flu shot too.

10. I have a sore throat and have been coughing and sneezing, so I have swine flu.

Check out the article to see if you were right.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: